DISC-Dementia Information and Support for Carers
BIADS, Crossroads Barnsley Ltd and Barnsley Dementia Gateway Service have come together to offer DISC.
DISC is for carers and family members of people living with Dementia.
It is an 8 week programme of weekly 2 hour sessions for up to 15 carers which aim to
- Improve your knowledge about Dementia.
- Improve your confidence as a carer
- Give you practical information and advice about local services to help you and the person you care for.
- Help you and the person you care for, to plan for the future.
- Help you to prepare well for hospital visits, stays and discharges.
- Help you to get the most out of your GP surgery.
- Offer advice to improve the safety of your home and the person you care for.
- Look after YOU and your wellbeing.
- Help you and the person you care for to live well with Dementia.
-Offer you follow on support after DISC.
We are offering this course from 1pm-3pm on the following dates at Barugh Green Working Men's Club, Higham Common Road, Barugh Green, Barnsley S75 1LD.
Free respite/ sitting service support is available to carers attending DISC, from Crossroads Barnsley Ltd.
- 22nd Oct- 10th Dec 2020
- 28th Jan- 25th March 2021
- May-June 2021
- Sept- Oct 2021
All COVID-19 restrictions will be followed and will be explained upon arrival.
To book a place on DISC and to arrange free respite support, please contact Cath Magee at Barnsley Dementia Gateway Service on - 07973 855786 or Cath.Magee@makingspace.co.uk